Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Part Two




After, we found out that everything was ok, we made our trip down to Georgia for Christmas.  We had wanted to make the announcement special for our families.  We had decided to put the ultrasound pictures in a Christmas bag and hand it to our parents.  We stopped at my parents first.  We got there around 6 or so.  I was about to blow up I was so excited to tell them.  We decided to wait until after dinner.  After dinner, I went and got the bag and gave it to my family.  My dad reached in the bag and pulled out the pictures.  It was great.  We got there reactions all on video.  My mom could not believe it.  She kept asking," This is yours?"  It will be a moment that I will never forget.  After Christmas Eve with my family, we made our way to Andy's parents.  We did the same thing with them and got the same reactions.  It was a wonderful time sharing our news and letting everyone know that the Lord had been faithful!

My pregnancy was pretty easy.  Every check up was filled with great news and no concerns.  Adalee had the hiccups all the time which was nice.  It let me know that everything was still ok and she was growing like a weed. :)

On August 2nd (one day before her due date) around 2 am,  I woke up and made my way to the couch as I had always done for the past week.  I went back to sleep and woke up a few seconds later with some pains.  I did not think anything about it and went back to sleep.  They kept coming and going but it did not register in my mind that these might be contractions.  Well, I made it until 6 am and I woke up still having them.  I go to wake up Andy.  I tell him I think I am having contractions and he says, "Are we the only one's here?"  I am thinking of course we are.  We are at home.  Side note about my husband:  He is hard to wake up sometimes and says the funnest things.  This is a prime example.  Anyways, I was starving and trying to time my contractions.  I told Andy that if this is it, I want CFA for breakfast.  So we make our way to CFA to pick up my biscuit and OJ.  All this time, I am timing my contractions.  At this point, they were irregular and I was still not sure that is what they were.  So around 10 am or so, I decided to call my doctor and see what she wanted me to do.  They told me to come on in and get checked.  We get ready and get our bags in the car  just in case they send us to the hospital.   We get to the office and they are getting more intense.  I am ready for my name to be called.  Finally called and of course, I had to pee in the cup.  I was so over this by this point, but I did as I was told.  So I go on back and they take me to a room to monitor me and the baby.  After a little while, the doctor came in and sees that I am indeed having contractions and that the baby is doing well.  I get checked and I am at 3 cm.  I was told I could either go home or go to the hospital.  We opted to go to the hospital since it was just across the street.  I was so excited and nervous.  I was like wow this is happening.  We are about to have a baby.  Andy drops me off and I make it to the waiting room for them to come and get me.  I get taken back and the contractions are getting more intense.  Andy makes it to the room with all our stuff.  The nurse gives me the IV and takes my blood.  I start walking the halls.  Stopping and breathing through the contractions.  After awhile, I decide to go back and lay down and listen to my music.  I get checked around 1 or so by the doctor and I am at 5 cm.  By this point, I am ready for some relief.  The contractions were getting more and more intense and I was already so tired from being up since 2 am.  So I make it to 6 cm and I was ready for my epidural (Don't judge).  While getting it, I of course do the one thing you are not suppose to do.  When they stick the needle to your back, don't move.  Well, I jumped like I had been scared to death.  I make it through and I have relief.  Praise the Lord I am able to rest and prepare myself for pushing.

The doctor breaks my water around 7 cm and the ball starts rolling.  Every time I get checked, there is progress.  Around 9 pm or so, I was  fully dilated, but she told me that her head is not where it needs to be.  So I start the process of what they call laboring down.  This means that I can't push, until her head is where it should be.  So for the next 2 hours, I feel her head moving down and she is finally getting into position.    Around 10:45 pm, I was getting prepared to start pushing.  I was told that this could take up to 2 hours or more.  Pushing for 2 hours, I don't think so.  I start pushing and every time there is progress.  My doctor said that I was doing really well.  She knew exactly what I needed to hear.  While I was pushing, the baby's heart  rate was getting very low.  The nurse was really concerned, but the doctor kept her cool.  Very thankful for my doctor. Without her, I am sure that I would have had a c-section.  I kept pushing and pushing and her heart rate kept getting lower and lower.  I kept giving my all and she was almost here.  The doctor said that if she is not here soon, she would use the vacuum to help her out. I was scared to death.  So with that being said, I pushed her out with the next push.

At 11:21 pm, Adalee Kate Brown was born.  She weighed 7lbs 3 ozs and was 20 inches long!!!  She was the most precious thing I had ever held in my life.  I was so thankful that she made it here safe and sound and was very healthy.  She was ready to eat right away!!!
  Adalee Kate Brown ( Our Miracle Baby)

Through the entire experience, Andy was there encouraging and pushing me a long and telling me not to give up.  Even when I was feeling huge and swollen, he said that I looked beautiful!  Also, while I was pushing, he was right there counting for me and encouraging me.  He was the best partner I could have asked for!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the most amazing thing ever? Congratulations, so very happy for you. My baby is almost 4 months...the time flies!

    ReplyDelete